Saturday, September 24, 2005

Extra Blog Entry

Last night I went with my friends to see the new Tim Burton movie, “Corpse Bride,” on its opening night. I thought it was very amusing, and though at one point the plot seemed very predictable I thought it was quite enjoyable to watch. The humor wasn’t over the top ridiculous; it wasn’t overtly sexual, but it was funny and cute. The clay animation was very well done. At first sometimes it seemed like, “Oh how can I believe this, with all these goofy animated clay figures,” for some reason when you watch enough of the movie, you start to feel a part of these characters’ world, and you sympathize with them. You know it's a well-done movie when you start to feel bad for characters and it doesn't feel like a fake sort of feeling. It was such a cute movie with occasional musical numbers. That was another good thing, I was glad they didn't have a song all the time like some musicals do. They'd put one there when it seemed to be necessary and I was quite pleased with the movie overall. I hope it does well in the theatres.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home